Hold on, hold on. Where did August go? Seriously, how on earth is it September, and already time for another wrap-up/TBR? :O This year has been going by way too quickly for my liking.
Honestly I was a bit busy during the middle of the month as my best friend had flown back to our London hometown for a visit, and then we went on a road trip together to the Cotswolds. It was the first time we had rented a car and driven on the motorway together, it was super scary but SO much fun. However this did mean I didn’t get as much reading done as I have done previously, which is such a shame 😦
Okay okay, enough rambling. Here is a quick run-through of August 2016 on Snowly’s Rambles:
BOOKS I’VE READ
So on my August TBR blog post I had planned to read three books this month: The Sleeping Prince (Melinda Salisbury), My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick) and Switched (Amanda Hocking). I did reach my target of three books this month but uhhh, I got a little distracted from my TBR list :s . In August 2016 I read:
- The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig: ★★★☆☆. Yes so this wasn’t actually on my TBR list for August, I’m sorry!! Its YALC’s fault I promise. I picked up a sampler of this book at the event, and when I started to flick through I found it really intriguing. Of course I couldn’t just leave it and come back to it another time, hence I decided to squeeze it in to this month’s reading. I really enjoyed the dystopian Alpha and Omega world and I found the backstory between Cass and Zach super interesting. However I couldn’t give it more than 3 stars as there was too much running and complaining and not enough plot at times.
- The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury: Review TBA. After enjoying the first book in this series- you can see my review here– I knew I wanted to get stuck into this second one. I say it all the time but these covers are so gorgeous, they make me super happy! I really did enjoy this book, it was really nice to hear about some different characters and see how they intertwine with the overall story arc. Silas is my love but OH GOD the Sleeping Prince is a butt. I don’t want to say too much but I’ll be posting a review in the next week!
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: Review TBA. I actually finished this one on the last day of August, so it still counts in my wrap up! This was a typical YA summer romance story, with an all-perfect boyfriend who has done no wrong (although I still wouldn’t mind if Jase wanted to give this old lady a hug or two…). Cheesy as it may be I still really enjoyed this book. It was a light and fluffy read that I couldn’t put down. It didn’t enthrall me or pull at my heartstrings, but it was a good book- expect a review soon! 🙂
So two out of the three books I put on the list isn’t bad, right???? I know I know I suck, but sometimes you have to go with the book flow, even if it does mean you run out of time to read all your planned books. 😛
August Blog Posts
- YALC 2016!
- YALC 2016 Haul
- July Wrap-Up/ August TBR
- Review: The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
- Book Review: The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig
- August ’16 Book Haul
I managed to post a little bit more than once a week this month; I just had a lot to talk about and catch up on, especially with YALC happening at the end of July!
So hello September! I had a hard time choosing which books I wanted to read this month as my TBR pile is slowly expanding, but here goes. This September I am planning to read:
1.Switched by Amanda Hocking~ Okay, as I didn’t get round to this book in August I am definitely going to be reading this first this month! It might be a generic young teen paranormal read but that’s not a bad thing to enjoy every once in a while!
2. Talon by Julie Kagawa~ I’ve been really wanting to get my imagination going with another fantasy read, and Talon keeps sticking out to me from my TBR pile. The cover is glorious and I love the idea of dragons disguised as humans #dragonsforever. I’ve actually read a love story based on something similar so I’m interested to see how this YA fares!
3. The Memory Book by Lara Avery~ this is the first time I’ve every got my hands on an advanced proof copy (thank you YALC!) and I am really excited to read it before its official release next year. I’ve seen a bit of buzz about this book and rumours that it is really eotional- I’d better prepare my heart!
So that wraps up my, err, August Wrap-Up and September TBR post! I can’t believe summer is officially over now, soon it’ll be back to jumpers, scarves and cosy reads.
How has everyone elses’ months been? Let me know how you’ve been getting on, or what books you have been LOVING this August. ❤ What are you going to read in September?