Another month is over, which means it’s time for me to make another wrap-up blog post! I love doing these kind of posts, they really help me see how productive I’ve been and I do surprise myself sometimes.
September was a good month. I just finished an unexpected publishing work placement which is really nice, and I feel I have been really productive with my reading and my blog 🙂
Oh oh oh, and I also received my first every FairyLoot Box this month!! Ugh it was such an exciting treat, I definitely have caught the book subscription bug. AND OMG I just managed to order one of their spare October boxes as they just came back in stock!!!!!!! The theme is Steampunk rebellion and I’m a sucker for steampunk ❤ ❤ I’M SO PUMPED!
So, let’s get down to the good stuff:
Books I’ve Read
So I played it safe in my previous September TBR blog post and said I was going to read 3 books this month. My plan was to read Switched (Amanda Hocking), Talon (Julie Kagawa) and The Memory Book (Lara Avery).
I was actually super productive with my reading, even though I didn’t feel like I was reading as much as normal! I was honestly so surprised with my progress, but my reading demon inside me was super happy 😀
In September I ended up reading a total of 5 books:
- Switched by Amanda Hocking: ★★☆☆☆ [1.5]. Okay I really didn’t like this one. I didn’t like the pace, the plot or the romance. I didn’t feel engaged at all and couldn’t wait to finish. Definitely not my cup of tea.
- Talon by Julie Kagawa: ★★★★☆. Dragons disguised as humans!?!?!?!= YES. I really enjoyed this book, I loved Ember’s and Garrett’s interactions. I did have my own issues with it, but I will still be continuing the series- I need to find out how things progress between the two.
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery: ★★★★☆. Oh gosh my heart. This was a really interesting read that kept me engaged, but it was so bittersweet! Sammie really grew on me, and Coop is a sweetheart ❤
- The Novice by Taran Matharu: Review TBA. After waiting for this book for months I finally bought a copy of The Novice! I love a story about demons, although having them as familiars isn’t my favourite storyline. That said I really enjoyed this book, it was so interesting and fun, and that ending really made me want to keep reading!
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen: Review TBA. Okay, so this is exactly the book I’ve been craving ❤ <3. While there wasn’t a lot of action, I love seeing a feminist queen who is clever and logically tries to solve any problems that come to her court. I got completely sucked into the Queen’s world, and I am itching to find out what happens next!
Apart from Switched they were all really good books, and I feel so accomplished!
September Blog Posts
- August Wrap-Up/September TBR
- My Anticipated September ’16 Releases!!
- Review: The Sleeping Prince
- Review: My Life Next Door
- Review: Switched
- First FairyLoot Unboxing! September 2016
- Review: Talon
Like August I ended up posting more than just once a week, even if it was a little irregular. I have a backlog of reviews that I am trying to catch up on, so until I get caught up my posting habits are a bit out of schedule. I’m still making sure that one post goes up every Monday though!
Okay, so October. I don’t really celebrate Halloween, but I wanted to get a mix of books this month to include some stories related to the paranormal. Well, 2 out of 3 of them are anyway! 😛
This month I am planning on reading:
- Fallen by Lauren Kate~ I’m already predicting that this is like Twilight but with angels. I do like a good angel story and it’s really hard to find a good one that appeals to me. I’m hoping this one wont let me down!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han~ I’m really excited to read this. I’ve heard so many good things about this book and I’m really hoping I’ll love it just as much. The cover is so cute too!
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter~ My September FairyLoot book! I don’t know much about this book yet, but Russian folklore seems fitting for Halloween right? It isn’t a book I was anticipating but I hope I enjoy it 🙂
If I do end up reading these quite fast like September’s TBR then I might read an epic fantasy, or I really should catch up on my Kindle books (I always forget about my poor old kindle, sorry!).
So there we go, that’s the wrap-up post done! I’m looking forward to another month of reading this month. I’m also taking part in Inktober this year too, as drawing is another one of my hobbies. As a sneak peek, here is one of my pictures:
My art isn’t the best, but I’m trying to practice more and improve. Hopefully I can keep all this up and not procrastinate!
♥ What are everyone’s plans for October? Let me know in the comments! ♥