Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week so far.
So last week I did the first part of my November Book Haul, which included all the books I had acquired this month at work.
Well, I’m back to continue this monster of a haul for you, but this week I want to show all the books I have bought. My current job gives me a decent book discount, but I am only working there until the end of January. Hence I’ve been going a liiiitle crazy again on the book-buying. Who can’t resist a discount right? (Hint: clearly me)
Right, that’s enough babbling, let’s get stuck into the good stuff shall we? Without further ado, here are all the books I’ve bought this month…
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas~ Okay, so I’m jumping on the bandwagon with this one. I’ve seen soooo many book bloggers raving about this series, and I’ve just never been enthused enough picked it up. However the blogging community have pricked my ears, so I thought I would risk buying it while I have my discount. I’ve heard the series gets better after the first book, so if I enjoy this one I have a whole world of fun ahead!
2. This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab~ A book I’ve had my eye on even before it was released, but never actually took the plunge and bought. I adored the US hardback edition, but I saw this on a whim and just decided to go for it. I loved Scwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic series, so I’m sure this will be just as good 🙂
3.Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli~ Loads of people have been raving out this on the blogs that I follow, and I thought it was time to add it to my collection. I was originally going to buy it at YALC over the summer, but I couldn’t commit at the time 😛 I’m really looking forward to reading this book- it looks so fun.
4. Red Rising by Pierce Brown~ I decided to go for a sci-fi book this time. It is a dystopian sci-fi adventure where Darrow finds out his life is a lie and has to infiltrate a group of elites- or Golds-to take down the oppressors that have been exploiting him and his friends. I’m actually really intrigued by this book, but I’m hoping it wont be too cliché!
5. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black~ I actually found this book as Cait @ Paper Fury recommended Holly Black as an author. I read the Goodreads synopsis and I was certainly intrigued! When out shopping with my friend this weekend I spied it and decided to take the risk and add it to my collection. Based on two children who dream of waking a faerie prince in a glass casket in the forest, I imagine it has a dark twist!
6. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Pryce~ I actually found the third book of this series before I saw this one- and fell in love with the story setting and the cover. Once I found this first book hiding on the shelf I bought it without reading much more of the blurb. The cover is stunning, and I love the ancient city thief-setting! ❤ I cannot wait to dive into this book, and I’m hoping it can be a competitor to Chris Wooding’s Ketty Jay series.
7. Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson~ Okay this book looks so magical! Based in city Caeli-Amur, where gods used to use magic to shape the future. However these days that magic is long gone, and the fate of the city is left in the hands of a philosopher-assassin (what a job title), a bureaucrat and a seditionist. I’m really intrigued by this as I think the world will be such a treat to dive into 🙂
8. Thief’s Magic by Trudi Canavan~ I’ve been meaning to try Trudi Caravan’s books for aaages, but I couldn’t decide where to start, as she has quite a few series. But this book did interest me, as I love the idea of magic being stolen from the Angels. This is the first book in the Millenium’s Rule series, and I’m hoping it meets my expectations!
9. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven~ I really wanted to buy a Jennifer Niven books as I’ve heard so many good things about her work. Honestly I was originally going to get Holding up the Universe, but due to some personal circumstances I felt this one would be better suited for me. I’m really intrigued to see how the characters deal with the idea of suicide, but I’ve heard all Niven’s books are really emotional. Maybe I should get the tissues at the ready… 😛
10. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han~ YESSSS. Oh my gosh this book was so so hard to find, none of my local branches had it, and I was lucky that the store where my friend lives has one copy left for me to grab when I went to visit her! I am SO excited to read the sequel of this series, I adored the first one- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. It has been on my mind ever since, and I am so happy to have a copy of the sequel in my hands. Look at the cover too! ❤ I have so much book love it hurts- I can’t wait to read it!!
11. Redeemed by P.C. & Kristin Cast~ I’ve been meaning to buy this book for 2 years! You know when you have been reading a super-long series since the beginning and, although you’ve grown out of it a little, you just have to finish for the principle? This is one of those series. I’ve been reading this for years and years, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy the final 12th book at full price (sorry). With this discount I thought it was the perfect time to get this series finish and finally find out how Zoey is going to defeat Neferet.
12. Run by Kody Keplinger~ I originally saw this book as a Goodreads recommendation, and it did appeal to me. I’m really interested to see the friendship dynamic in this book, as I have had to make some tough decisions growing up with some of my friends in the past. I’ve heard some good things about this author, so I’m sure this will be a good read regardless. 🙂
13. D.U.F.F by Kody Keplinger~ So before I thought about buying Run I was thinking of buying this book, as I do consider myself to be a DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) sometimes. However this book was impossible to find a few months ago, which is why I had chosen Run instead. But then I was shopping with my friend and surprisingly found 3 copies?! It was an opportunity too good to miss so I had to snap one up. Although I think it does concentrate on typical love clichés I’m really excited to read it, and hopefully it will give me faith that all is not lost in my own life and romance! 😛
Phew! Welp, I wasn’t lying when I told you guys I had been on a book-buying spree! I’m pretty sure I have enough books to last me the winter, but with this staff discount I can feel the book hoarder within me itching to buy some more! ><
Have any of you read any of these books? What did you think? Or do you have any of these on your TBR? Let me know in the comments!! ♥