So I know February is the shortest month and all, but it has just flown by!!! I can’t believe it is March already, I don’t feel like I’ve made the most of 2017 yet, and its already heading into spring >.<
My February has been a bit boring to be honest… I’ve mainly been at work the whole time, and I’m finding it really draining at the moment 😛 I also don’t feel my reading was that great this month, oops.
That said, let’s just get stuck in to this wrap-up for February 2017:
Books I’ve read
In my February TBR post I said I wanted to finish Golden Son, then read Morning Star, Poison Study, The Lies of Locke Lamora, and The Winner’s Curse.
Okay so I didn’t end up finishing all the books in this list, sorry! But this February I ended up reading….
Golden Son by Pierce Brown~ ★★★★☆
Technically read most of this book in January, but it crept into February’s TBR list as I still had a little bit left to go. I finished it right at the beginning of the month, and it was really good! It definitely had a different vibe to Red Rising, but this book didn’t suffer from a sequel slump. The ending was so good, I was hooked.
Morning Star by Pierce Brown~ ★★★★☆
Yup, after reading book 1 & 2, I couldn’t dive straight into the final book in the Red Rising trilogy. And it certainly didn’t disappoint. I found this book slightly harder to read compared to the rest of the series, but despite a lot of talking there were so many amazing action sequences and plot twists. The final 100 pages were gold. This series is definitely become one of my all-time favourites. ❤
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder~ ★★★★☆
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, I was pleasantly surprised. ❤ I have found it hard to pinpoint exactly what I like about this story, but I was hooked all the way through. I’m always a fan of poison stories in fantasy, and I loved how this was incorporated into the job of a food taster. I have some niggles about certain things in this book, but the fact I couldn’t stop reading it really boosted its rating.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch~ Rating TBA
Phew, this book took me a lot longer to finish than I though it would! I just managed to read it in time (I finished it on the 28th Feb). I had very high expectations with this book, as the main character is exactly the kind I love reading about. Honestly it wasn’t quite what I expected, which is a shame. However the second half of the book was a lot better, and I was hooked by the final 100 pages. Still making my mind up about the rating though!
Honestly I forgot that I actually read the rest of the Red Rising series in February, it seems like so long ago! I didn’t quite hit my reading target for this month, but including Golden Son and Morning Star I actually didn’t do too badly for February 🙂 In terms of the books I’ve been reading, they’ve all been really good. I’m honestly not giving them all the same ratings on purpose, I’ve just picked absolute some absolute gems ❤
February Blog Posts
I didn’t post as much as I would like this month- I had to catch up a little with some of my reviews, but I also had a bit of a brain fart and ran out of ideas for posts! If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! 😛
Okay, so I’m feeling a bit undecided for March. There are a few books I’ve put aside for this month, but I’m not sure if I’m 100% up for reading them or not. I can’t yet decide if I want to read some fantasy, or if I want a slightly easier contemporary-vibe for March. So this month I’m going to create a slightly longer TBR, giving me a bit more reading freedom (which should make me more inspired?). So the books I might read in March include:
- Moondust by Gemma Fowler~ I was very lucky to be sent this review copy by Chicken House after requesting it through work. I adore the cover, and the premise of the book seems interesting too. It might be a bit young for me, but the book is due to be released this month (today, actually!) and I’m excited to give it a go! Honestly, with that cover I really can’t say no to it, haha.
- DUFF (The Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger~ I’ve been wanting to read this for a while now, as I’m interested to see how the DUFF is portrayed (she definitely doesn’t sound like a special snowflake). I’m hoping it is a good funny read, as I think I need a contemporary to break up my fantasy spells!
- A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab~ YES PLEASE. I bought this book as soon as it was published, and I definitely want to jump on the bandwagon and get stuck in as soon as possible. I just want my Kell fix (Rhy and Alucard are certainly growing on me too!)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard~ This is a book that I have been meaning to read for ages, but it keeps getting pushed back on my TBR pile. I am interested in the storyline, so I’m hoping I’ll have time to give it a go this month!
- Rogue by Julie Kagawa~ I quite enjoyed the first book in this series- Talon– but I just haven’t got round to giving the second book a try yet. I’m not sure if I feel in the mood for hidden dragons yet or not, but I’m putting it in the list as it is definitely near the top of my TBR.
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova~ A book I’ve been drooling about since September. I keep meaning to get stuck in, but I’m worried I’ve set my expectations too high! But I’ve put it on this list, so that it is waiting for me if I fancy it 🙂
So it’s clear I wont be reading all these books, but I couldn’t narrow down a smaller list for this month, as I honestly don’t know what kind of books I fancy reading (for once). I am also considering finishing the Grisha trilogy books, so I can get stuck in to Six of Crows, so I may even fit in a Kindle book or two if I feel up for it. I still hope I can make a big enough dent in this list though 🙂
So that’s February done! It definitely passed me by in a bit of a blur, I feel a bit disorientated haha! I’m hoping March becomes a lot more productive, and that things start to look up life-wise too 🙂
What did everyone else read for February? Have you got any March plans? Let me know in the comments! ♥