Well, hello everyone!
So erm, where did May go? I swear May has been the quickest month yet! It just flew by, and I don’t really have anything to show for it :O
Well, at the beginning of the month I was still on holiday exploring Tokyo with my best friend. It was so so fun, and I am really sad that it is over! When I’ve got some time to sort out the best photos and things I am planning to make a blog post about it, so look forward to that!
Apart from that I haven’t done too much. I have been spending a lot of time relaxing at home with my brother, while also trying to catch up on things and looking for jobs. While I have been trying to get up to speed with my blog, I have to admit that this month has not been as productive as expected- sorry!
Anyways, let’s get stuck in to this wrap-up:
Books I’ve Read
In my last TBR post I had said I didn’t want to give myself a long list of books, and then proceeded to list 5 or 6 of them. I had wanted to finish Snakewood, and then read the last two books in the Grisha trilogy, along with The Upside of Unrequited, The Winner’s Curse and The Dragon Lords- Fools Gold. Surprise, surprise, I didn’t get them all done! 😦
This May I read:
Snakewood by Adrian Selby~ Review TBA
WOW, so this was a drag! I mean, I have been trying to read this book for almost 2 months, it really drained me. I really wanted to like this and, although it did get better in the second half of the book, I found it really hard to read. I’ll explain more in my review, but I was so disappointed by this. I think I’m also annoyed as this took me waay longer to read than I had expected, so now I am super behind with my reading goals 😛
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo~ Review TBA
I really wanted to get this series finished this month, and I breezed through this book! I do have some issues with it, but at the same time I really couldn’t put this book down. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, and I really enjoyed Nikolai. ❤ What an ending though! As soon as I finished I immediately had to start the third book!
I am currently reading Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. I started this on the 30th May, with the hope I could speed-read this in time for this wrap-up. Alas I was a bit busier than I expected, so I only managed to get through part of it. I am 80% of the way through though, so I’ll definitely be finishing it today!
I am so sad I didn’t read more books this month! I alllmost finished the Grisha trilogy though, which is something I’ve been meaning to do for the longest time. I’m definitely going to read more in June, that’s for sure!
May Blog Posts
While I definitely posted a bit more than in April, I still didn’t get all my reviews done like I said I would- sorry! I feel really guilty, and I am still trying to get them all written and posted as quickly as I can. Hopefully next month will be more positive!
Right, after May’s abysmal reading month I really should up my game (especially as I am behind on my Goodreads challenge too!
Apart from finishing Ruin and Rising (which should be finished today), I would like to read:
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli~ YES. Unfortunately I didn’t get round to this book in May, so this is right at the top of the list for June. I am so excited to read this, I loved Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and I’m hoping this contemporary is just as good.
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King~ This book has only just been published, and I managed to grab a cheap copy through Kindle First. I was going to wait until I did a future haul post before reading, but I just cant resist. The cover is gorgeous, and I am interested to see what this debut novel is going to be like.
- Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser~ Okay, so I actually received this book as there was a spare ARC copy in the office while I was at work. Naturally I thought I would give it a go. I’ve heard some mixed things about it so far, but with politics, lies and pirates, I’m interested in giving it a go!
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess~ So I’ve been to get around to this book for the last few months, but other books have been getting in the way. I’ve decided June is its time to shine! I like the idea of the “chosen one” not actually being who she is supposed to be, and I’m hoping I enjoy it!
- The Scarecrow Queen by Melinds Salisbury~ The final book in The Sin Eater’s Daughter trilogy. I bought this as soon as it was published this year, but I have just been putting it off. If I have enough time this month I feel like now’s the chance to finish the series 🙂
Aaaand that’s May all done and dusted. I’m a bit ashamed of this past month, reading- and blogging- wise. But man, Snakewood was a toughie! I’m hoping June will be a lot more positive (I can’t believe it is summer already, whaaat).
How was your month? What did you read? What are your goals for June? Let me know in the comments!